For those crew who are based in Nice and would like to volunteer during the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Nice is appealing for volunteers.
For the full details, you can read the statement in French here. We have provided an English translation below:
The City of Nice Needs You
Committed like the whole country in the fight against the coronavirus for several weeks, the City of Nice continues its initiatives in order to always better protect the most fragile. Since March 19, 2020, at the request of Christian Estrosi Mayor of Nice, President of the Nice Côte d'Azur Metropolis, Deputy President of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region, the municipal civil security reserve of Nice works every day in favour of isolated vulnerable people:
- Food delivery at home 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Home delivery of medications and other medical needs
- Recovery of certain food from supermarkets
- Telephone contact with seniors
- Putting the most vulnerable in touch with voluntary citizens
- Pet walking
Those willing to volunteer can register by phone on 0497135600 or by email email@example.com